Tag: White Eyelet Curtains
If you are in the midst of redecorating any room in your home, choosing the right type of curtain is very important. There are a great many styles of curtains available, one of which are the ever popular eyelet curtains. Eyelet curtains are perfect for any room. No matter how you are decorating, there are always a slew of options that are available to you. At first this may seem like a good thing, on further inspection you may begin to understand why all of these choices can become a bit overwhelming. This article has been written to help you to narrow your search of one particular decorating aspect, your curtains. Every room has at least one window, you will need to choose a type of curtain to compliment it. One of the most popular curtain styles are eyelet curtains. If you are considering this particular type of curtain, I suggest you read on so that you can gain a better understanding of just what is available to you.
What Are Eyelet Curtains
Many of you have come for more information on eyelet curtains. You already know what these curtains are and simply would like a little bit more information. You can skip past this part of the article and begin reading about the types of eyelet curtains. For those of you who aren’t quite sure exactly what an eyelet curtain is, here is a simple description to give you a better idea.
Eyelet curtains are made with circular metal holes at the top. They are created this way so that a curtain rod can easily pass through them in order for them to be held up. For the most part, this type of curtain runs from the top of the window all the way down to the floor and will usually be pleated. They come in many different styles and can be found in a variety of materials. Many eyelet curtains are complimented by an eyelet curtain valance. This valance, or header, will hide the curtain rod and the eyelet curtain’s metal holes. The header is used to make the curtains more attractive but is not necessary. Essentially, it is up to the home owner whether or not to install eyelet curtain headers.
Types Of Eyelet Curtains
Just when you thought you had narrowed your search to the right type of curtain, here comes a curve ball. There are many different types of eyelet curtains to choose from. You will need to decide on what type of fabric you want, of course. You will also have to decide on the style of your curtains. Below you will find several examples of different eyelet curtains.
Lined Eyelet Curtains – Below you will find an example of lined eyelet curtains. These curtains differ from other eyelet curtains simply because of their style. As you can see the fabric that has been used for these particular curtains has a lined pattern. Again this is simply another choice that you will need to make before you decide on which set of curtains will best compliment your room.
White Eyelet Curtains – Here is a great example of a stylish set of white eyelet curtains. As you can see these curtains are pure white and compliment the room very well. You might also notice that these particular curtains are made of a slightly thicker material. This brings me to my next two examples.
Cotton Eyelet Curtains – If you are looking for a lighter more flowing set of curtains, you may want to consider cotton. Cotton is cheap, soft and very attractive. Below you will find an example of eyelet curtains that are made of a cotton fabric.
Eyelet Lace Curtains – For a more sheer looking curtain, you might want to try lace. Lace is even lighter than cotton and looks beautiful no matter what room it is in. Here is an example of a set of eyelet lace curtains.
Ready Made Eyelet Curtains
If you are more concerned with quality and having your room come out exactly how you envision it, I suggest that you purchase ready made eyelet curtains. These curtains are made by professionals and are often installed for you. You can either choose from a variety of styles and colors that that particular retailer has in stock or you can custom order your curtains. Shopping online for these types of curtains will really open doors for you in terms of selection. This will however reduce the chances of installation. What this means is that if you order your eyelet curtains online, you will most likely be the one that assembles and mounts the new window decoration.
Cheap Eyelet Curtains
On the other hand, if price is of concern to you, you have a few other options when shopping for eyelet curtains. You can still shop online, making price a slightly higher priority than quality, the internet is a very large place and there is always something for everyone. You may also want to consider making your own eyelet curtains. This is not as difficult as you may think and you will save a considerable amount of money. If this is something that you may be interested in, I suggest that you read on.
Make Your Own Eyelet Curtains
If you have elected to make your own eyelet curtains, I think that you will be pleasantly surprised at how simple it can be. The first thing that you will need to do is gather the supplies that are needed for the task at hand. Here are a list of supplies that you will need to make your own, homemade eyelet curtains.
- The Fabric – Measure the length and width of your windows. This will give you an idea of how much fabric you will need. It is important to decide exactly how long you want your eyelet curtains to be before you measure. Do you want them to reach all the way to the floor? Do you want them to have a flatter look or be more ruffled? It is important to buy fabric that is 1 to 2 inches longer than you need and double the width for a more ruffled look. For a flatter looking set of eyelet curtains, you can use 150% the width of your windows.
- The Rod – Almost all fabric stores sell premade rod sets that are perfect for this particular kind of curtain. You will need to use the measurements that you took from your windows and add 2 inches, this will leave an inch on each side of the window so that your curtains are not too narrow. So if your windows are 36 inches wide, you will need a rod that can reach up to 38 inches. Most of these rods are adjustable and can be used for multiple lengths. This will make choosing one much easier.
Once you have all of your materials, you can begin crafting your set of curtains. Below you will find a simple set of instructions as to how to make your own eyelet curtains.
- You will need a large, flat, hard surface to work on. Set your material flat on this hard surface. Begin to cut the material using the measurements that you have for your windows. Leave an extra inch of material at the top, this will need to be folded over. Once your material is cut to size, you will need to run curtain tape along the width of the top and the bottom of your soon to be curtains. You will then need to fold 1 inch of the fabric down. This 1 inch hem will now need to be ironed flat.
- Now that you have ironed the curtain hem flat, you can begin to sew it shut. Remember to sew as closely to the edge of the fabric as possible.
- If you have done this correctly, you should have created a small, tunnel-like hole across the width of the fabric, this is where you will be inserting the rod.
- The rod should have come with instructions. You will usually have to screw hooks into the walls. These hooks are there to hold up the curtain rod. If you have already done this, you can now begin to insert the rod through the curtain hole. Once the rod is through, you can hang your curtains. That’s all there is to it. You now have your own, homemade eyelet curtains.
You can now see how stylish and simply beautiful eyelet curtains are. They come in many different styles and can be found in any type of fabric imaginable. You can shop for these curtains at local retailers or online. If you want to save some money you can even easily make your own eyelet curtains. This is the reason why these types of curtains have become so popular. They are fairly inexpensive, easy to maintain and beautiful.